Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hebrew Plans

For my Hebrew, I plan on working my way through Psalm 1. My friend Marty is going through Psalm 1 here. I am a quite a bit behind him (only at verse 1), but that's good... that means I can cheat off of him :-) I translated Psalm 1 20 years ago when I was studying Hebrew at Moody.. so I'm excited that the psalm can be a bridge between my Hebrew from 20 years ago and what I am studying now. As far as my method for translating... first I will go through the verse without any tools, so I can improve with my Hebrew reading skills... maybe I will note some of the forms that gave me trouble. Then I will use my Bible software and some Hebrew tools I own and do a sloppy exegesis (hopefully only sloppy in form) of the verse and make some comments on it. I plan on putting some of the information I research using my Logos Bible software on this blog. I have looked a little, but have not found any guidelines to make sure I am with in fair use of my software when I post things from it online. If I find out that I am not I may have to adjust how I post that information. I am doing this blog for my own accountability in Bible study and in all likelihood, I may be the only one reading this, but based on the nature of the internet I want to make sure I am doing what is right... I also may copy paste the verses from Logos until I learn how to type in Greek and Hebrew on my PC. The offline tool I am most excited about using is a Hebrew Syntax book by Ronald Williams that I bought like 22 years ago.. so if I use that book too much, I apologize in advance.

1 comment:

  1. People have been unable to post on my blog, this is a test post

    ReplyDelete